Designed for detecting the leakage of pipe systems on cars, motorcycles, such as fuel pipe, air intake system and cooling tank.
Create smoke through the equipment and sent smoke to sealed car pipeline system.
Power source: Vehicle DC12V battery
Vehicle battery smoke flow: 20~30L / mi
Rated power: 100W
Rated voltage: DC12V
Product weight: 3.7Kg
Boundary dimension: 280*220*185mm
Pressure control: adjustable
Air source: internal air source
Leakage detector structure
Quick detecting indicator: For non-smoke leakage detection, to quickly detect if there is leakage or not in the pipe.
Smoke detecting indicator: For smoke leakage detection, to quickly detect the leakage point.
Power indicator: For detector power status indication.
Working indicator: When detector is in use, the working indicator is on.
Working mode selection switch: For switching quick detecting mode/ smoke detecting mode.
Working switch: one pressing is on; one more pressing is off.
High accuracy pressure gauge: For displaying the working pressure during detection and making judgment.
Air flow meter: For adjusting the air flow, by the change of air flow, to judge the severity of leakage.
Smoke outlet pile: Smoke outlet of the detector, connected to the detecting port.
Power supply cable: Input DC12V, connected to vehicle battery.
1*Smoke outlet pipe
1*Specific power supply cable
1*Specific smoke oil
1*Air nozzle disassembly
1*CRANKCASE adapter connector
1*Cover plug cone adapter
1. For first usage, oil filling 20~30ml, please do not fill more than this amount.
2. When the smoke is getting light, less than 20ml for each refilling.
3. Please replace the internal oil regularly.
Note: During the refilling, please make sure the detector is power off and cooled down, otherwise there is risk of damaging.
1. Place the detector on a flat surface, tighten the air cell adaptor clockwise, insert the front end into the pile which need to be detected. Press the manual pump to inflate the air cell to seal the pile completely, make sure there is no leakage. Insert the outlet of smoking pipe into the inlet of the air cell adaptor, make sure there is no leakage. Connect the detector to vehicle DC12V battery, connect RED to “+”, black to “-”, when the power is connected correctly, power indicator will be on.
Note: DO NOT CONNECT THE TERMINAL IN REVERSE.
2. Select the working mode, default is quick detecting mode. If there is already a leakage, please select smoke mode directly.
3.Turn on the switch, detector starts to work.
4. Adjust air flow valve, to control the air flow, to fit the pressure capability of the pipe system.
5. If the quick detecting mode is chosen, after operating for about 2 min, the floater of air flow meter will sink to “0” gradually, which means there is no leakage in the pipe. On the contrary, there is leakage in the pipe. (The above operating leading time refers to small vehicle, it will be longer lead time for big vehicle, according to the size of the vehicle, the lead time will be different.)
6.If the smoke mode is chosen, after operating for about 2 min, the pipe will be fully filled by smoke. (The above operating leading time refers to small vehicle, it will be longer lead time for big vehicle, according to the size of the vehicle, the lead time will be different.)
Observe the status of floater in the air flow meter, if the floater stands still at the bottom, which means there is no leakage in the pipe; On the contrary, if the floater goes up or jumping, which means there is leakage in the pipe.
According to the position of the floater, the severity of the leakage could be judged, the higher the floater is, the heavier the leakage is.
7. During the detecting, please use light to illuminate if necessary. Where the smoke is observed, is the leakage point.
8. When the detecting is over, please store all the cables and pipes properly.
9. Note: please try to avoid to detect the area which is sensitive to the smoke.
10. During the detecting for EVAP system, please check the pressure in real time, and turn off the air flow control switch on time.
Note: Each operating should not be more than 20 min, please wait for 15 min between two usages. The detector is equipped with protecting device, when certain limit is reached, it will be power off automatically, in this case, please take a pause before the next usage.
PLEASE DO NOT CONNECT THE POWER CABLE IN REVERSE. In this case, it will
trigger the self-protecting function, the detector will not be functioning. If the power cable is connected in a wrong way frequently, it will lead to damage of the detector or influence the lifetime of the device.
Daily maintenance and consumables
1. The smoke oil will be oxidative deteriorated in high temperature environment, this will influence the lifetime of the smoke generating element, it need to be replaced regularly.
2. When the detector is not used more than one week and need to be refilled with new oil, please drain the used oil.
3. When there are lots of water drops at the smoke outlet port, please replace the oil.
4. It is recommended to use the specific smoke oil; (One-year warranty when bottle is open)
5. Please use the oil bottle in the accessory for refilling.
Viktec offers a high-quality Smart Car Smoke Leak Detector Engine Intake Gas Leak Detector Exhaust Pipe Leak Detection(VT18075). All our tools have at least a one-year quality guarantee. If you need more information about our Smart Car Smoke Leak Detector Engine Intake Gas Leak Detector Exhaust Pipe Leak Detection(VT18075, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call us. Your inquiry will be replied to within 24 hours.